Remote desktop handles input language incorrectly RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I connect through Remote Desktop to a Windows Server 2003 x64 machine, the keyboard layout is in English. I set the input language to DE, as well as the standard input language. For the rest of the session, keyboard layout is fine (DE), but after logging off and on again it's switched to EN.

If I connect from a different client running German Windows XP, keyboard layout is fine (DE).

Client: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 en, German language pack, standard language and input language DE.

Server: Windows Server 2003 x64 en, German language pack, standard language and input language DE.

Regards,
    Franz
    Monday, September 7, 2009 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Franz,

Could you please run remote desktop in Control Panel to test the issue?

I encountered a similar issue in Windows Vista and could be resolved through remote desktop in Control Panel.

Does it work?

Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by Robinson Zhang Monday, September 14, 2009 1:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:54 AM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Franz,

Could you please run remote desktop in Control Panel to test the issue?

I encountered a similar issue in Windows Vista and could be resolved through remote desktop in Control Panel.

Does it work?

Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by Robinson Zhang Monday, September 14, 2009 1:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:54 AM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:19 AM
  • Hi,

i dont know if this will work for you but it did for me.  but where you type in the computer name, instead try typing the ip address (or vice versa) on the machine youre trying to connect to, to see if its any different.

Ray

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:32 PM