Lync 2010 with SIP trunk in KSA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

If I have lync 2010 and need to connect it directly to SIP trunk provided from SIP provider (ITSP) , do I can do it without the need for PBX in between ?

For Saudi Arabia , SIP provider (Atheeb) is giving SIP trunk from client Gateway (IP PBX)  to the Provider IMS over physical link ( Usually Microwave) , L3VPN ( no Internet ); so the service be delivered to client PBX Ethernet port  via router ( that has IP confiurations ) .

My question is , can  do the same but using lync instead of IP-PBX , to connect the ethernet port that carry SIP trunk to the Lync directly or I need something in between ? 

Thank you,

Islam

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can terminate the sip trunk on SBC , PSTN gateway or router. Following link may help you; http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425743.aspx

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, you can do it without PBX. The external edge component of the ITSP could be a Session Border Controller (SBC), a router, or a gateway and you use a Mediation server to connect it.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can terminate the sip trunk on SBC , PSTN gateway or router. Following link may help you; http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg425743.aspx

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:26 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, you can do it without PBX. The external edge component of the ITSP could be a Session Border Controller (SBC), a router, or a gateway and you use a Mediation server to connect it.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:25 AM