locked
transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server(provider:TCP Provider, error: 0-The semaphore timeout period has expired) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dears,

    We have an application server with the following spec’s:

    • Windows 2008 R2 operating system.

    • All prerequisites are configures successfully and correctly: Windows roles, MSDTC and connection to SQL DB server.

    • MS Reporting Services 2008 R2 are installed and configured successfully, and all reports are deployed and render with no problems.

    The application server connects to SQL Server 2008 R2 DB on different server - there are no firewalls between the 2 servers , and using UDL file, the connection is always successful using windows authentication or SQL authentication on SQL Server.

    When we install “K2 blackpearl 4.5 (4.10060.1.0) with Update KB001040”, the setup completes successfully but the following exception appears when we open work list, when K2 setup manager is opened for reconfiguration and when rendering any report on the report manager: “A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.)” although all DB’s are created successfully during the installation for K2. Also all other features at K2 (any feature at Management Console) and Report Manager (deployment of reports, management of data sources, and folder/report settings) works perfectly.

    When we remove K2 components from the server the reporting services works successfully again, without any reconfiguration.

    We tried to move the server to new environment to check if there is a problem with the server itself, all installation and configuration are completed with no problems and the error message disappeared.

    We did check all of below points:

    • MSDTC configuration.

    • All ports are open between the 2 servers.

    • SQL connection is always successful between the 2 servers.

    • We have a third server with MOSS 2007 installed and it works perfectly with problems in connection to DB.

    • All users used for windows services and SQL windows connection are active and configured correctly, and we use different accounts for Reporting services and K2.

    • We have tries Windows authentication and SQL authentication and they all gave the same problem.

    I need to know why this exception is raised by reporting services, and what configuration can affect it.

    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:03 PM