Response groups # Dial by extension feature RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know if there is any possibility of creating such call routing scenarios.

By using Lync response groups where PSTN call will first hit IVR prompt (saying for ex…welcome to company……) and then route to any active agents or may be over more IVR prompts.

So can we also enable “dial your desired extension number” feature here?

I know that it’s supported through exchange UM auto attendant service.

But do you think response group itself can also support dialing extension number feature?

Regards,

Ajit

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:04 PM

Answers

• It cannot.  You're going to need an Exchange Automated Attendant (which can have button presses that forward into response groups, or you'll need a third party solution.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:12 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:25 PM

All replies

• It cannot.  You're going to need an Exchange Automated Attendant (which can have button presses that forward into response groups, or you'll need a third party solution.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:12 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:25 PM
  • Hello Ajit, 

Response group is not having that feature of transferring to the desired extn feature as in Exchange Auto Attendant. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:52 AM