Log Shipping RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I Have exchange 2007 CCR environment, Mailbox 1 is primary  and mailbox 2 is secondary. We have 5 database with 1500 users. 

After receive low disk space alert on mailbox 1 i was run the script on both the server to delete 10 days very old transaction log.
    The script completed successfully on mailbox 2 but on Mailbox failed to complete due to few corrupt log.

On the same time mail flow stopped and store.exe get hung, I had restart the Mailbox 1 server. Now Mailbox 2 take primary function. After come back i try to make primary Mailbox 1 but failed to make online all database.

My question: is old log also play the roll on log shipping to make database online ?

If yes may i know detail how it is, if no so what is the reason.

Events are here:

Event ID: 1003 Source: MSExchange Cluster

Clustered Mailbox Server: "Cluster name"
    Physical Server: Mailbox 1

Failed to bring the resource Storage group/Database (Cluster name) online.

Waiting for answer 

Thanks and regards

Santosh

Friday, January 16, 2015 6:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check if the dismounted database on the server Mailbox1 is in Clean Shutdown state.

If it's dirty shutdown, please bring to clean shutdown first and then failover to check result.

Besides, you can restart the "Microsoft Exchange Replication Service" on both the nodes and run the update—storagegroupcopy command to check result.

Best regards,

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Belinda Ma Monday, January 26, 2015 5:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Belinda Ma Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:22 AM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 6:45 AM