Enumerate SMB Sessions on Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm encountering the following issue regarding "Manage Sessions" on Windows Server 2008 R2:

When using Server Manager --> Roles --> File Services --> Share and Storage Management then click Actions "Manage Sessions.." at the right to list current sessions, Only a dialog box "Working: Enumerate SMB sessions" appears but no sessions list shown after a long time.

If using local Computer Management --> System Tools --> Shared Folders --> Sessions to list current sessions, the list appears very slowly, one connection at a time. Wait for a long time, the session list completes. But when I click on the output grid, the snap-in becomes unresponsive.

I like to know is there anyone encounters the same problem and if so, how to fix it.

Thank you very much.

Friday, March 20, 2015 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Computer Management will try to resolve the client IP address to user-friendly NetBIOS name. Please try to disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP to get enumerating sessions faster.

For more detailed information, please see:

On Windows Server 2008, you may have to wait for a long time to populate the information on shared folder sessions in Computer Management console
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2454039?wa=wsignin1.0

Best Regards,

Mandy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mandy Ye Friday, March 27, 2015 7:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mandy Ye Thursday, April 9, 2015 3:29 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:16 AM