Trixbox integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I am in the middle of integration our Lync and Trixbox server.

I have got calls from Trixbox extensions to Lync client working OK, but when calling from Lync client to Trixbox extension, I get this error:

"[Number] er ikke i drift. Kontrollér nummeret, og prøv igen". In english: [ext. number] is not available. Check the number and try again.

I think my dialplan is OK, so what could then be wrong?

/Ulrik

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:13 PM

Answers

• Yes, everything was setup correctly on Lync. The error was on Trixbox, where I had added a "context=default" line to sip_general_custom.conf, which caused this problem. Removing that line, solved the problem right away.

Regards

Ulrik

Thursday, June 9, 2011 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Ulrik,

Not enough information to give you a exact answer. Still can you try the following?

On the CSCP for to voice Routing and do a test case to the number on the TrixBox. see it give a correct result.

Check the debug log on the trixbox and see if you get the correct digits from Lync side matching the Trixbox extensions.

Cheers..

Shahan

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

It sounds like Trixbox is setup OK  since you can call Lync client from Trixbox.

Would you please check the port number for Mediation server and for the gateway you are sending to are as same as the ports in the sip.conf file in Trixbox using to talk to Mediation server?And also check your SIP trunk configuration.

Here is a Lync configuration guide that shows you how to configure everything on the Lync side to connect via an Asterisk gateway. Just use your Trixbox hostname/IP instead of the CircuitID gateway

Part 1
    http://www.circuitid.com/blog/lync-setup-guide-using-circuitid-part-1-configuring-mediation-server

Part 2
    http://www.circuitid.com/blog/lync-setup-guide-using-circuitid-part-2-configuring-voice-routing

Additionally,you can refer the article to trouleshoot the problems(It's for OCS 2007 R2,but I think it should be similar in Lync)

http://blog.unifiedcommunications.eu/08/using-asterisk-to-pass-and-receive-sip-calls-from-microsoft-ocs-to-a-sip-trunk-in-udp/

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:30 AM
  • I have had Drago Totev and a Danish Lync expert to look into the issue now. Their conclusion is that Lync is correctly configured, and the Lync->Trixbox calls are being rejected by Trixbox.

The Trixbox log says:

Call from 'Lync' to extension '710' rejected because extension not found.

I have an inbound route to extension 710, so this is strange....

So I guess I now need a Trixbox export to help me solve this issue.

/Ulrik
    Monday, June 6, 2011 11:12 AM
  • Mediation server is setup to use port 5068 tcp.

This is the Trunk config from my Trixbox:

Outgoing:

transport=tcp,udp
    dtmfmode=rfc2833
    fromdomain=lyncsrv01.planteservice.local
    host=192.168.200.40
    port=5068
    context=from-Lync
    insecure=very
    type=peer
    promiscredir=yes
    qualify=yes
    canreinvite=yes

Incoming:

User context: from-Lync

transport=tcp
    host=192.168.200.40
    port=5068
    context=from-Lync
    insecure=very
    type=peer
    promiscredir=yes
    qualify=yes
    canreinvite=yes

Monday, June 6, 2011 11:15 AM
  • I tried getting Trixbox to work with OCS back in the day and never had 100% success. I had issues with calls dropping, delay on calls being answered, one way audio occasionally - was a nightmare.

As much as it's good to use an open source SIP product to interoperate with your existing PBX, I feel at the end of the day it's worth investing in a good solid interop voice gateway to do this.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

Monday, June 6, 2011 12:18 PM
  • That would normally also be my advice to others, but in this case - as I have it working one way - I have a strong feeling, that this issue is due to misconfiguration on the Trixbox, and when I find out why, it is going to work smoothly.

I hope someone in the Trixbox community can help me out from here...

Monday, June 6, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Hi,there,

5068 port used for incoming SIP requests with TCP protocol  from the PSTN gateway  to the Mediation Server when Mediation server collocated with FE server.So your mediation server is collocated with FE server?

Have you enabled TCP port and define 5068 TCP port for the collacted Mediation Server?

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 7:58 AM
  • Yes, everything was setup correctly on Lync. The error was on Trixbox, where I had added a "context=default" line to sip_general_custom.conf, which caused this problem. Removing that line, solved the problem right away.

Regards

Ulrik

Thursday, June 9, 2011 11:55 AM