restore "Assigned To" Column from Issue Tracking List in MOSS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• restore the "Assigned To" column from Issue Tracking list in Sharepoint 2007

Asked by: sfareed
    Three months ago I created a issue tracking list in sharepoint 2007.
    During creating that list I deleted the unwanted columns. So I delete one of the "Assigned To" column too in this list.
    Now I need to restore this column with it's complete functionality (which is to send an email notification when the user name enter in this field)
    Or is there any way I can create the same column (don't want to try the workflow yet), I need the built in functionality of "Assigned To" column which sends the email Notification to the assigned user.
    I don't need the data in this columns since that column was not used.
    But now I need to modify the list and add the "Assign To" column and use the "Email Notification" functionality to it.
    Friday, June 1, 2012 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you can add it back from list settings > Add from existing site columns > Core task and issue column > Assign To column.

After adding it back make sure that send Email notification (Send e-mail when ownership is assigned or when an item has been changed) option set to "YES"  under Advanced settings

Let us know your results

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, June 1, 2012 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can add it back from list settings > Add from existing site columns > Core task and issue column > Assign To column.

After adding it back make sure that send Email notification (Send e-mail when ownership is assigned or when an item has been changed) option set to "YES"  under Advanced settings

Let us know your results

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, June 1, 2012 7:07 PM
  • Thanks Pratik, I have had the same issue where user removed the Assigned To column. the email notification is working.
    Friday, August 1, 2014 2:40 AM