none
ProjDateDiff problem when using Status Date RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project 2010 (not Project Server).Why does ProjDateDiff([Finish],[Start])/480 work ok but ProjDateDiff([Status Date],[Start])/480 does not? I don’t get a syntax error but I get #ERROR in the actual Date1 field (I’ve also tried Number 1 and Text1). Thank you.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:00 PM

Answers

• Have you considered using the [Current Date] field in your formula rather than the [Status Date]?

You are correct, in Project 2010, the Status Date area in the Project ribbon shows the current date if a Status Date has not been set. In Project 2013, the Status date shows NA in the ribbon until a Status date has been set.

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi 

I can reproduce an error with the formulae "ProjDateDiff ([Status Date],[Start])/480" using the text type calculated field. 

Make sure you set the status date value it may be having value as "NA" and also try recalculating your project.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers, Badal

Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:38 PM
  • Hi Badal,<o:p></o:p>

I did take the Status Date out of the formula and simply put Status Date (alone) in the Text 1 Custom Field. It does in fact show "N/A" but I don't know why. In the ribbon the Status Date shows clearly as "8/14"<o:p></o:p>

I tried to attach 2 screen prints but it won’t let me because I am a new user and it says it has not verified my account yet. :-(<o:p></o:p>

Thank you.

Linda<o:p></o:p>

Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:31 PM
  • I am using Project 2010 (not Project Server).Why does ProjDateDiff([Finish],[Start])/480 work ok but ProjDateDiff([Status Date],[Start])/480 does not? I don’t get a syntax error but I get #ERROR in the actual Date1 field (I’ve also tried Number 1 and Text1). Thank you.

I can see 2 days in the Duration1 field with the formula ProjDateDiff([Start], [Status Date]), when I set the status date to 14AUG14 and create an auto-scheduled task with the start date 13AUG14. Just re-enter the Status Date. 

Friday, August 15, 2014 12:12 AM
  • Yes, that works if I go into the Project Information Dialog Box and physically type in today's date as the Status Date. But I don't want to hard code the Status Date. It used to be NA in the Project Information Dialog Box which meant that it would always take the current date. 

On the Ribbon, in the Project Tab, in the Status Box, the Status Date always defaults to the current date. If you hover over it you will see what I mean. If the Status Date is today's date on the ribbon it should also be today's date in the Duration 1 (or Date1) column. Thanks.

Maybe tomorrow this forum will allow me to submit my 2 screen shots. :-(

Friday, August 15, 2014 12:29 AM
  • To my best knowledge, even though the related Ribbon box shows the current date, there is no way to have Project automatically populate the Status Date field with the current date. You do not need to hardcode the current date, you can modify the formula to use the current date when the status date is NA. 

That's correct Project uses the current date by default when there is no status date available in certain operations as indicated in the related the Ribbon box.

If you consider this situation as an inconsistent behavior (or even bug), then I would suggest you to contact with Microsoft support center. 

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:26 AM
  • Have you considered using the [Current Date] field in your formula rather than the [Status Date]?

You are correct, in Project 2010, the Status Date area in the Project ribbon shows the current date if a Status Date has not been set. In Project 2013, the Status date shows NA in the ribbon until a Status date has been set.

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:55 PM