Import PST to Outlook 2010 that is in cached-mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

1) I have a Outlook 2003 that is runs Exchange cached-mode. Mailbox size is around 40gigs
    2) I convert the OST file to PST using a third party converter, I store this PST to a backup location
    3) Workstation is upgraded to Windows 7 (from XP). Outlook 2010 installed, also run cached-mode
    4) The question: is it possible to import the generated PST file to Outlook 2010 so that it won't have to download the 40gigs mailbox to workstation?

regards
    Pilu

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:09 PM

Answers

• If you import the pst via Outlook it will sync to the Exchange Mailbox.

If you import the pst to the mailbox via the Exchange Powershell commands, it will sync to the cache on the workstation

If you want to avoid that, then I would recommend that you simply open the pst in your Outlook profile and do not import it to the mailbox.

• Proposed as answer by JasonApt Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by psg82 Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:23 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:59 PM

All replies

If you import the pst to the mailbox via the Exchange Powershell commands, it will sync to the cache on the workstation

If you want to avoid that, then I would recommend that you simply open the pst in your Outlook profile and do not import it to the mailbox.

• Proposed as answer by JasonApt Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by psg82 Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:23 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:59 PM

thank you for the answer - very helpful.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:24 PM