Outlook Calendar Auto Refresh RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Admin,

I enter text into a day in Outlook. However, sometimes I see Outlook calendar always refreshes then my text lost.

Could you please help to identify the root cause and advice for me how to fix this issue?

I would like to insert my picture for more details but my account is not allowed. Please verify my account so that I can insert the picture.

Thanks and Have a nice day^^

Thoa

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Admin,

Exactly for my issue is my shared calendar auto refresh (flash) every 20 seconds. That means if I enter a text in to a day at that moment, my text will be lost. Is there any place which I can configure refresh frequency for my shared calendar?

Thanks,

Thoa

• Marked as answer by M2I Monday, October 30, 2017 2:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:34 AM
  • Hi Thoa,

Is this an outlook.com shared calendar?

If this is the case, as is mentioned in the article below, "currently, you can't use Outlook on Windows to edit calendars that are shared with your Outlook.com account":

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Known-issues-with-shared-calendars-in-Outlook-d6fd4f68-489c-4196-a9c2-588c5ead00b8

To edit a shared calendar, please go online to your own Outlook.com calendar, open Calendar for Windows 10, or use a mobile device. Read how to Add your Outlook.com account to another mail app.

Hope this can be helpful. Please feel free to let me know if I have misunderstood anything.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Sorry for my late response. Currently, we already find the work around by double click to the item on the calendar then enter the content into the subject.

I will mark as answer for this question.

Thanks for your support and have a nice day^^

Xukaty

Monday, October 30, 2017 2:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Admin,

Exactly for my issue is my shared calendar auto refresh (flash) every 20 seconds. That means if I enter a text in to a day at that moment, my text will be lost. Is there any place which I can configure refresh frequency for my shared calendar?

Thanks,

Thoa

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:34 AM
  • Hi Thoa,

Is this an outlook.com shared calendar?

If this is the case, as is mentioned in the article below, "currently, you can't use Outlook on Windows to edit calendars that are shared with your Outlook.com account":

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Known-issues-with-shared-calendars-in-Outlook-d6fd4f68-489c-4196-a9c2-588c5ead00b8

To edit a shared calendar, please go online to your own Outlook.com calendar, open Calendar for Windows 10, or use a mobile device. Read how to Add your Outlook.com account to another mail app.

Hope this can be helpful. Please feel free to let me know if I have misunderstood anything.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Sorry for my late response. Currently, we already find the work around by double click to the item on the calendar then enter the content into the subject.

I will mark as answer for this question.

Thanks for your support and have a nice day^^

Xukaty

Monday, October 30, 2017 2:50 AM
  • Hi Xukaty,

Thanks so much for sharing the updates with us :)

Have a good day!

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Monday, October 30, 2017 2:53 AM