How can i change/update the client Management server/site? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Expert,

We are working to decommission currently Standalone Primary SCCM server. We have about 300-400 client machines managed by this server now.

We going to setup another Primary server (other location with same SCCM version) and DP (local) to managed this site.

Please can anyone advice how i can update those clients to report to the new DP immediately after i shutdown current Standalone Primary SCCM? Do i need to reinstall the sccm client? Please advice.

Thank you very much and greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:50 AM

Answers

• Hi

If you want your client to report to your new site you will need to reassign them. But the way - client do not report to DPs but to Management Points (MP).

You can read about your options here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2009/04/09/reassigning-a-configuration-manager-client-across-hierarchies.aspx

I would just reinstall the client on the machines using your preferred client installation option, when the new site is ready to administer them.

• Marked as answer by Wong2014 Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:09 AM
  • I did this for a customer who only had approximately 100 client.  We took the new client package and deployed it using the current site and the package contained the new site parameters.

The easiest method is to script, login if you can, or just use the preferred method on the new site. 

Best, Jacob I'm a PC.

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Friday, October 10, 2014 2:50 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:26 PM

All replies

• Hi

If you want your client to report to your new site you will need to reassign them. But the way - client do not report to DPs but to Management Points (MP).

You can read about your options here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2009/04/09/reassigning-a-configuration-manager-client-across-hierarchies.aspx

I would just reinstall the client on the machines using your preferred client installation option, when the new site is ready to administer them.

• Marked as answer by Wong2014 Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:09 AM
  • I did this for a customer who only had approximately 100 client.  We took the new client package and deployed it using the current site and the package contained the new site parameters.

The easiest method is to script, login if you can, or just use the preferred method on the new site. 

Best, Jacob I'm a PC.

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Friday, October 10, 2014 2:50 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:26 PM