CD recognized But DVD not recognized RRS feed

• Question

• I have a TSScorp DVD+- RW TS-T633C ATA Device drive... and Windows 7 Home premium 64bit on my dell studio 1555. lately my drive has been unable to recognize any of the DVDs . it reads CDs just fine

Ive tried 1. reinstalling

2. deleting upper lower filters (which aren't there by the way!!)

3.cleaning the lens

it started when i updated it's firmware from the dell support site.. i guess they messed my drive up.. it was working fine before

I Even have Ubuntu 10.10 installed along with win 7 

Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:29 AM

Answers

• Contact Dell technical support about the firmware issue. It's possible they can show you how to "downgrade" the firmware to the previous version that worked correctly.

• Proposed as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, June 17, 2011 5:05 AM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:46 PM

All replies

• Contact Dell technical support about the firmware issue. It's possible they can show you how to "downgrade" the firmware to the previous version that worked correctly.

• Proposed as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, June 17, 2011 5:05 AM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Based on the specification here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/STORAGE/S229659/en/spec.htm, DVD is supported.

Please install the proper driver for this device.

Regards,

Miya

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:41 AM