HTML 5 Portal Authentication Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are currently experiencing some issues with the HTML 5 Portal, no matter who is logged in when submitting a request from the portal it shows as the SCSM Action account. Even within the portal it will show the user signed in as SCSM_Action. I think this is due to IIS Authentication. Has anyone else experienced this problem and rectified it?

Cheers,

Kane

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 10:03 AM

All replies

• Affected User is showing as the service/wf account? This was a known issue on previous releases. Are you on the latest hotfix for the portal? Update 3 (7.5.3079.572)
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:50 PM
  • Sometimes i have a strange glitch with IIS (UR8 + HTML update 3), when portal shows that i've loged-in as another account (acc A) despite that i've actually logged-in as account ( B or C or  D ), and the only solution i found is restart IIS...
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 1:45 PM
  • Hi I have applied the update in my test environment with no errors however when taking it into the production environment I am hit with this error when browsing to the URL.  Have you seen this before and know why this may have happened. A snapshot has been taken so we can roll back to how it was prior but this update is critical and is needed.

Cheers,

Kane

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:06 PM
  • Hi, I´m having issues with the login. We have duplicate usernames within our 6 corporate domains, when one of the duplicate users tries to approve in the new portal he cannot see the activity. When he submits a ticket, it is created with the other domain duplicate username. Any suggestions?
    Friday, September 30, 2016 9:47 PM
  • Hi,

1) Check your service Manager version and  make sure its should be updated with the UR9.

2) Portal should update with latest Release https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/servicemanager/2015/11/05/announcing-new-html5-based-self-service-portal/

3) Check your IIS Settings...  - Authentication enable form Authetication / windows Authetication / Basic Authetication  /.net trust level (everyone)

4) Check event logs any security policy is blocking and check your group policy

Saturday, October 1, 2016 12:32 PM