live mail 2011 crashing when replying or starting new emails RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to answer or compose an email the program stops working. This is in live mail 2011. I run windows 7 64 bit. Anti virus is bullguard. Have now noticed ie does not start properly either

Description:
      Stopped working

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    wlmail.exe
      Application Version:    15.4.3502.922
      Application Timestamp:    4c9b06aa
      Fault Module Name:    mshtml.dll
      Fault Module Version:    8.0.7600.16671
      Fault Module Timestamp:    4c870f2a
      Exception Code:    c0000005
      Exception Offset:    00260af8
      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    1033

Monday, November 15, 2010 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, I would like to suggest you try the following steps to check this issue:

1.   If this issue did not occur before, you could try system restore to get back to the previous time point which Windows live Mail worked fine.

2.   Check this issue in Clean Boot Environment.

3.   Uninstall Windows Live Mail 2011, and reinstall it to check the result.

Considering this is related to the specific application, and we have the corresponding support for Windows Live applications, you could go to Windows Live Solution Center for more help:

Windows Live Solution Center

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:16 AM
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, I would like to suggest you try the following steps to check this issue:

1.   If this issue did not occur before, you could try system restore to get back to the previous time point which Windows live Mail worked fine.

2.   Check this issue in Clean Boot Environment.

3.   Uninstall Windows Live Mail 2011, and reinstall it to check the result.

Considering this is related to the specific application, and we have the corresponding support for Windows Live applications, you could go to Windows Live Solution Center for more help:

Windows Live Solution Center

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:16 AM
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:14 PM
  • check your Antivirus Program.. In my case McAfee was giving the issue for this...

when i click on new massage or reply massage it open the new window and live got restart... with the following event log..

Faulting application name: wlmail.exe, version: 15.4.3538.513, time stamp: 0x4dcdb9d1
    Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version: 8.0.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b8f3
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0025bc47
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13

for this i have reinstalled the McAfee after that its start working properly..

• Proposed as answer by IndiaAhmed Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:08 AM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:03 AM