none
Command to find HIS server in use RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know if there is a command to find the HIS servers in use from a HIS 2000 client installed machine.

Regards,

Kumaran Ravichandran

Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:43 AM

Answers

• I thought the question was around finding out what HIS Server(s) the clietn was actually communicating with. If you want to know about all the HIS Server that might be available in a HIS Subdomain, you can simply look in SNA Manager. A HIS Client can only participate in a single HIS Subdomain, so it will know about every HIS Server in the HIS Subdomain that its sponsor server(s) belong to.

SNASHMEM displays the sercie table for the HIS Client or Server that it is run on. This service table contains a list of all the HIS Services that in that Subdomain.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Monday, November 15, 2010 2:14 AM

All replies

• There really isn't any way to do that. In newer versions when SnaBase (on a HIS client) is running as an application (as opposed to a Windows Service), you hover over the SnaBase icon in the systray to see what HIS Server the client has a sponsor connection to. However, this doesn't tell you what HIS Server(s) the client may have application sessions through.

HIS Traces are really the only way to determine what HIS Servers, the clients are connecting to.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Friday, November 12, 2010 8:47 PM
  • Stephen,

How about the usage of SNASHMEM.EXE command? It seems to provide some information on the SNA servers in use. It does not give the information in a straightforward manner but is useful in some way.

In HIS 2009, I was able to use the SNACFG servers /list command and it provided me the servers names configured for use.

Rolling the mouse over the SNA icon in the system tray works in both 2000 and 2009 clients, but it is limited to displaying only the SNA server to which the client is currently connected to. It does not provide all the servers configured for use.

Regards,

Kumaran Ravichandran

Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:39 PM
  • I thought the question was around finding out what HIS Server(s) the clietn was actually communicating with. If you want to know about all the HIS Server that might be available in a HIS Subdomain, you can simply look in SNA Manager. A HIS Client can only participate in a single HIS Subdomain, so it will know about every HIS Server in the HIS Subdomain that its sponsor server(s) belong to.

SNASHMEM displays the sercie table for the HIS Client or Server that it is run on. This service table contains a list of all the HIS Services that in that Subdomain.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Monday, November 15, 2010 2:14 AM