none
Saving MPP to SharePoint 2013 site from Project Pro 2013 fails RRS feed

• Question

• When syncing from MS Project Pro 2013 to SharePoint 2013 it does not save the MPP file in the Site Assets

Have MS Project Pro 2013, SharePoint 2013, IE 9, Windows 7

The scenario is as follows.

1. Have a SharePoint Project site

2. I open up the task list in the SharePoint site and added tasks just using the available default fields that are provided. NO external links are in the task list.

3. Selected the Open with MS Project option in the task list ribbon. MS Project 2013 launched from my desktop with the task list opened in it.

4. In Project selected the Sync with SharePoint option and it did sync successfully with task list but it did NOT save the project file in the SharePoint site.  In addition, No error or warning message appeared.

5. Selected Save button in MS Project – again it did not save to SharePoint but instead brought up the Save As screen again.

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:39 PM

Answers

• Using the new 2013 Tasks  Popular built-in app fixed this issue, we had orginally used the other (old) Tasks under Site Content to create the SharePoint list to try the sysnc.  Once we used the Tasks Popular built-in app it did save the mpp file to the Site Assets

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:15 PM

All replies

• Karen,

To the best of my knowledge synching a Project file with a SharePoint task list and saving the project file to a library on SharePoint are two separate processes.

You may synch the file to the SP list and then save the Project file to a library.  Are you using Project Server?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:58 PM
  • Using the new 2013 Tasks  Popular built-in app fixed this issue, we had orginally used the other (old) Tasks under Site Content to create the SharePoint list to try the sysnc.  Once we used the Tasks Popular built-in app it did save the mpp file to the Site Assets

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:15 PM
  • Great.  Thanks for the update.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:20 PM