none
Can anyone with experience with Microsoft PS2010 Solution Starters Describe their experience? RRS feed

• Question

• Are the Starters reliable enough to use in a production environment?

I am hoping to be able to restore capabilities lost by the migration, will this work?

Thanks for any feedback...

©®

Charles Roberts
    Monday, December 5, 2011 6:35 PM

All replies

• Chas, used the workflow visualisation and Dynamice workflow successfully in production :)
    Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 7:20 AM
  • Some of them are.  I blogged about the Bulk Import Tool and use it frequently.
     Bulk Edit Tool, not so much.

Alex Burton also blogged a couple over on EPMSource as I recall.

Kind of depends on which SS you're talking about.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Yep we have used them in a number of production projects without issue.

Just make sure you take note of the known issues when deploying.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Hi there,

I have used Excel Project Cost Capture and Dynamice workflow & didn't see major issues but Agreed with Andrew's point that which custom solution of solution starter, Also, make sure the version of the SS version which supports the Project Server's build version based on the SP/CU or any hot fix etc.
    Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82
    Monday, December 12, 2011 5:48 AM
  • Thanks, ALL, for your input.  Right now I am trying the Dynamic Workflow out and it is looking good.

@Alexander, where do you see the known issues?  I must have missed them?

©®

Charles Roberts
    Monday, December 12, 2011 5:20 PM
  • Thanks, ALL, for your input. Right now I am trying the Dynamic Workflow out and it is looking good.

@Alexander, where do you see the known issues? I must have missed them?

©®

Charles Roberts
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:35 AM
  • Chas,

Most of them have a readme file in the deployment folder, or there is a set of release notes / overview in the downloads where you grab the deployment version from.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:49 AM
  • kind of late, but here are my 2 cents:

used and blogged about the resource picker solution starter, worked great and so far no issues. also used dynamic workflow without any complains, i would suggess to follow-up the RSS feed of solution starter, you will be able to track the versions available and any known issues effectively.

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:34 AM