Workflow problem after migrtion to SCSM2012 RTM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

After testing the upgrade process on our test environment I have the following bugs:

After upgrading from SCSM 2010 to SCSM 2012, when I triggered a new workflow on the incident class I get the following error message:

"Service Manager exception: An object of class ManagementPack with name System.WorkItem.Incident.Library was not found."

After searching through the mp library I  don't see a mp with this name.

I 'm trying to install the rollup fix but he doesn't work again

How I can do to fix it?

Thanks

MIKE

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:17 PM

Answers

• In the console it's named "Service Manager Incident Management Library"

The problem of workflow provide by link is a way how he get management pack. He get System management pack, get it Public Key and version and try to get Incident library MP with same key and same version. But in SCSM 2012 System and Incident Library mps has a different version: system is 7.5.8501.0 but Incident Library is 7.5.1561.0.

So may be you have similar problem?

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:08 PM

All replies

• What that workflow is doing?

SCSMSolutions

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:39 PM
  • When a new incident is created , the workflow get the guid of the current incident , take the related device and set the status of the device to down (custom attributes).

When the incident is resolved he set the device status to up.

We have developped a custom life cycle asset device management application for a specific industry business.

We have developed our own  cmdlets  because in SCSM2010 the SMLETs was not stable .

Now when I execute the same workflow on SCSM 2012 the workflow is triggered but he do nothing, when I execute the cmdlets manually with the incident guid , he retruns the error described in my first post.

MIKE

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:18 PM
  • System.WorkItem.Incident.Library management pack is core MP. So it must be in place if you working with incidents. Check your script twice.

SCSMSolutions

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:31 PM
  • I revert my snapshot on my VM, now I'm on SCSM 2010:

The workflow works perfectly (This same workflow run since more one year on production without problems)

I upgrade my test machine on SCSM 2012, the workflow doesn't work.

Note: I don't see System.WorkItem.Incident.Library MP on SCSM 2010 or SCSM2012 in the MP list from the SCSM console it's normal?

I'm not alone on this case: http://kmongwa.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/related-incident-and-problem-closure-workflow-activities/

See the last comments...

MIKE

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:51 PM
  • The name of the MP: System.WorkItem.Incident.Library MP is Incident Management Library in the SCSM Console.

I have this MP on SCSM 2010 & 2012.

MIKE

• In the console it's named "Service Manager Incident Management Library"

The problem of workflow provide by link is a way how he get management pack. He get System management pack, get it Public Key and version and try to get Incident library MP with same key and same version. But in SCSM 2012 System and Incident Library mps has a different version: system is 7.5.8501.0 but Incident Library is 7.5.1561.0.

So may be you have similar problem?

SCSMSolutions

• I have launch  my custom cmdlet directly through the powershell box with the incident guid as parameter after recompiling my custom dll with the reference to the following SCSM2012 dlls:

Microsoft.enterprise.core.dll 

Microsoft.enterprise.packaging.dll

Microsoft.Enterprise.servicemanager.dll

I have again the same error message, for me is not the MP the problem but the custom cmdlet (DLL) even when I launch manually he doesn't work.

When I return to my SCSM 2010 snapshot VM the cmdlet works fine...

Below the piece of of the code of the custom cmdlets, perhaps that give you an idea?

// connection to localhost SCSM server
                    EnterpriseManagementGroup emg = new EnterpriseManagementGroup("127.0.0.1");

// Get versions
                    ManagementPack mpSystem = emg.ManagementPacks.GetManagementPack(SystemManagementPack.System);
                    Version mpVersion = new Version(mpSystem.Version.ToString());
                    string keyToken = mpSystem.KeyToken.ToString();

// get Change Request Management Packs
                    ManagementPack mpIncidentLib = emg.GetManagementPack("System.WorkItem.Incident.Library", keyToken, mpVersion);
                    ManagementPackClass mpcIncident = emg.EntityTypes.GetClass("System.WorkItem.Incident", mpIncidentLib);

// get incident to edit
                    EnterpriseManagementObject oIn = emg.EntityObjects.GetObject<EnterpriseManagementObject>(this.guid, ObjectQueryOptions.Default);
                    EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection originalIncident = new EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection(oIn);

MIKE

• Edited by Mike2670 Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:21 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:19 PM