Adress list custom attribut user in multiple group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to configure some distribution group in exchange 2007

I wanted to have list based on my OU but i cant find how so i went with custom attribut

I put my member in the correct service BUT i have the manager that need to be on all the group and some user in2 or 3 group.

I cant figure how and where to do this!

Can you help?

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:32 PM

Answers

• You can use your OU - you will need to use PowerShell to do it, but here's how to do it for two separate OUs:

New-AddressList -Name MyAddressList -RecipientFilter {((RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox') -and ((OrganizationalUnit -eq "<full OU DN>") -or (OrganizationalUnit -eq "<full OU DN>")))}

For a single OU, remove the extra OU.

• Marked as answer by runninghome Sunday, February 16, 2014 4:21 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 5:34 PM
  • So you're trying to use Dynamic Distribution Groups?

If you're creating the DDG using the Exchange Management Console just be sure to select the "recipient container" in the second dialog box (the one labeled "Filter Settings").

Sometimes its easier to create a "normal" static distribution group and then add the DDGs as members. You can add the DDG that selects the managers to as many different groups as you like. You may wind up with more groups, be the filter on the DDGs will be much easier to understand (or to create if you must use Powershell to construct the DDG).

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:12 AM

All replies

• You can use your OU - you will need to use PowerShell to do it, but here's how to do it for two separate OUs:

New-AddressList -Name MyAddressList -RecipientFilter {((RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox') -and ((OrganizationalUnit -eq "<full OU DN>") -or (OrganizationalUnit -eq "<full OU DN>")))}

For a single OU, remove the extra OU.

• Marked as answer by runninghome Sunday, February 16, 2014 4:21 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 5:34 PM
  • So you're trying to use Dynamic Distribution Groups?

If you're creating the DDG using the Exchange Management Console just be sure to select the "recipient container" in the second dialog box (the one labeled "Filter Settings").

Sometimes its easier to create a "normal" static distribution group and then add the DDGs as members. You can add the DDG that selects the managers to as many different groups as you like. You may wind up with more groups, be the filter on the DDGs will be much easier to understand (or to create if you must use Powershell to construct the DDG).

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:12 AM
  • Thank you all for the help, i am now able to do exactly want i wanted 
    Sunday, February 16, 2014 4:22 PM