Screensaver loses color pictures. RRS feed

• Question

• Just purchased a new HP computer with Vista preloaded....my first experience with Vista.

I did not purchase a new monitor and am using my existing E- Machine monitor which is approximately 4 years old.

I have set up the screen saver to use the preloaded picture file that is available in Vista. I plan to move a large personal picture file onto this new computer but have not done so yet. The screensaver seems to work ok as far coming on at the preselected time but  the screensaver pictures lose all color at irregular times.....sometimes after a few minutes..other times after a couple of hours.

Questions:

Maybe normal operation?

Maybe a hardware problem with the new HP Computer?

Maybe a software problem with Vista?

Maybe a compatability problem between new HP and old E-Machines monitor?

I hope I am posing these questions in the correct forum and would appreciate any ideas. I have a 15 day return window and would like to return the HP within that time if needed.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:12 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem with a new Acer laptop. I'm running "my pictures "as a screensaver and it's doing the same thing so I asume it's a software problem in vista or it could be a normal operation we're not aware of.
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:42 PM