Can I delete / recreate the System Management container before installing sccm2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm installing sccm2012 into an environment...

When I wanted to create the "System Management" container i picked up the their was already one created.

They do not use any form of sms or sccm solution in there environment at the moment...

The container is populated with objects....

Is it ok for me to delete and recreate the container... or should I just delete the objects inside the container... or is there another way...

Is there anything else I should lookout for?

Thanks for reading guys..

Monday, March 18, 2013 10:02 AM

Answers

• If you're 100% sure that they don't have an SMS/SCCM setup anymore, is fine to delete an re-create it...

Run the Schema extension Again (just in case). If it's allready updated it will not change anything.

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: http://www.ronnipedersen.com/ and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

• Marked as answer by tocatech Monday, March 18, 2013 10:55 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 10:13 AM

All replies

• Sorry one mre thing...

Should i update the schema again...

I suppose it could not hurt to run it again....?

Monday, March 18, 2013 10:10 AM
  • If you're 100% sure that they don't have an SMS/SCCM setup anymore, is fine to delete an re-create it...

Run the Schema extension Again (just in case). If it's allready updated it will not change anything.

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: http://www.ronnipedersen.com/ and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

• Marked as answer by tocatech Monday, March 18, 2013 10:55 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 10:13 AM
  • When you delete and recreate it don't forget to also (re-)implement the permissions for the site server computer object(s).

• Edited by TimDKMVP Monday, March 18, 2013 10:40 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 10:40 AM
  • thank you guys for all the help... going to action now...
    Monday, March 18, 2013 10:56 AM