Deploying font in Windows 10 Version 1809 or later using SCCM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Techies,

We're trying to install Fonts in windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809,1903 but couldn't get success. The method which we were using is copying the fonts inside C:\Windows\Fonts directly through PowerShell & VBS Script. While it's executing fine manually. Issue occurring only when using SCCM for Installation.

Has anyone tried recently any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

Thursday, July 25, 2019 3:48 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I just tested in my lab. The powershell script still works on my 1809 machine. Here is how I did.

Content source:

Package source:

Program command line: powershell -executionpolicy bypass -file "add-font.ps1" -path "deng"

Environment:

Results:

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by JiteshKumar Friday, July 26, 2019 10:36 AM
    Friday, July 26, 2019 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

May I know that where the fonts are copied from? Have you included the fonts source into the deployed package? Or is it in a network share? If it is in a share and your script is running under system context, we need to make sure that your client computer has permission on the share.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 5:23 AM
  • Thanks Ray for responding quickly.

All seems to be correct. Used PSSCRIPTROOT, Copied inside local drive & also tried with Network shared (With required privileges) attempted to install.

After the package is created, choose After running option to Configuration Manager logs user off.

Somehow need to change the approach to Install it from SCCM.

Have you ever tried to deploy it using sccm?

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:47 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, I have tested to deploy fonts using SCCM. I used Powershell scripts provided here.

Adding and Removing Fonts with Windows PowerShell 

It works well.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:13 AM
  • Interesting I also tried the same link which you have shared with me.

Is it working with Windows 10 Version 1809,1903 ? Can you please provide more details about deploy with SCCM.

Anything that's need to be added to deploy it successfully for all users.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:40 AM
  • See https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/0c94dcf5-b89d-42e5-a499-06313f46f88b/can-no-longer-install-fonts-via-script-in-windows-10-1809

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, July 25, 2019 1:35 PM
  • Hello,

I just tested in my lab. The powershell script still works on my 1809 machine. Here is how I did.

Content source:

Package source:

Program command line: powershell -executionpolicy bypass -file "add-font.ps1" -path "deng"

Environment:

Results:

Best Regards,
    Ray

• Marked as answer by JiteshKumar Friday, July 26, 2019 10:36 AM
    Friday, July 26, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Thanks Ray for the effort! I will test it again and will get back to you.

Update: I have tested it.. it's working fine now.I was earlier missing to pass the "path" inside command line 

Friday, July 26, 2019 9:39 AM
  • Jason, Thanks for the reference link. I have already checked that link the guys who has posted, struggling to deploy it with administrative privileges.  
    Friday, July 26, 2019 9:40 AM
  • I can confirm this works with 1809, it worked during OSD and as a package deployment.
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:09 PM
  • did you have to edit the ps1 script  ?

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 11:00 PM
  • No need to edit, You can use the same! Just need to add parameter to Run. Take Care of folder structure only 
    Tuesday, February 18, 2020 9:19 AM
  • Hi,

I can confirm that this work on 1909. Finally a solution.

Cheers!

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:06 AM