none
Can Declarative and Classic provisioning coexist? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I use both classic and declarative provisioning together? If I just throw a EntryPointNotImplementedException exception from the IMVSynchronization.Provision method for the MAs that I want to use Sync Rule  to provision? Or both of them will be triggered?
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

should be possible but dont make sense and I would not do that.
    If you do that then try to seperate objects, for example internal users with syncrule provisioning and external users with mv provisoning. Depens on what you need.

Just make sure that both provisioning methods will not apply to the same object

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

both of the attributes flows will processed every time.

Just implement sync rules and classic ma rules like you need.

sync rules will be processed first, after that classic rules are evaluated, so Keep in mind classic ma rules can overwrite sync rules if you implement both for the same attribute.

Regards
    Peter

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:46 PM
  • What about the provisioning part? Can I provision using either the MV Extension code or selecting "Create resource in External System" in the Sync Rule?

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

should be possible but dont make sense and I would not do that.
    If you do that then try to seperate objects, for example internal users with syncrule provisioning and external users with mv provisoning. Depens on what you need.

Just make sure that both provisioning methods will not apply to the same object

Regards
    Peter

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:18 PM