none
Exchange 2010 SSL Certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have 2 Exchange 2010 CAS servers with CAS array and Windows NLB

i want to have External SAN certificate for one domain

for the Certificate do i have to export the self signed certificate from the 2 CAS servers

and what about the price if i deiced to go with Verisign the price will be double.?

Thanks

Tarek

Tarek Khairy
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 1:08 PM

Answers

• Have a look at this guide:

http://www.digicert.com/csr-creation-microsoft-exchange-2010.htm

Verisign are very expensive IMO, and you don't gain security only recognition and potentially their validation measures.

I'm using a cert from certificatesforexchange.com and I couldn't be happier at how much it cost and how well it works.  If I didn't use them I'd look at Digicert, but for us the benefits didn't warrant the price jump.

• Marked as answer by tkhiry Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:27 PM
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:36 PM

All replies

• Have a look at this guide:

http://www.digicert.com/csr-creation-microsoft-exchange-2010.htm

Verisign are very expensive IMO, and you don't gain security only recognition and potentially their validation measures.

I'm using a cert from certificatesforexchange.com and I couldn't be happier at how much it cost and how well it works.  If I didn't use them I'd look at Digicert, but for us the benefits didn't warrant the price jump.

• Marked as answer by tkhiry Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:27 PM
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:36 PM
  • thanks for your reply

my question is do i have to generate the CSR from the 2 CAS Servers or only from one server?

thanks

Tarek Khairy
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:29 PM
  • This can vary between different certificate authorities because some do and do not allow you to use the cert on more than one server. Check with the CA you go with to make sure you understand their requirements and pricing.

In most cases you create the CSR on one CAS server, send the request, get the response back, import the response, then export the certificate with the private key so it can be installed on other CAS servers.

Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
    MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
    MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
    Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
    My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and confer no rights.
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:47 PM