none
Resource is in two different teams RRS feed

• Question

• I use Project Server 2010 and Project Professional 2010.

I have a resource, Delmarie, who divides her time equally (50%) between two teams and would like suggestions on how to set this up  in Project Server. One option is to have two 50% resources, Delmarie A (Team A) and Delmarie B (Team B). The challenge with that I'd have to maintain leave twice and also check each one to see resource utilization etc.

Are there any other suggestions?

Monday, October 21, 2013 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi!

The "team" field cannot be multi-value, so you'll not ne able to assign a resource in more than 1 team.

Indeed you can duplicate your resource with a 50% capacity each. No other idea comes to my mind for now...

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, October 21, 2013 1:09 PM
  • HFProjects,

In my opinion, a more straight forward approach is this:

• Create a Generic Resource to represent the role of Delmarie, with Max Units 50%. Ask both teams to assign this resource for their tasks. 
    • Periodically review the "Demand" on this generic resource.
    • Replace this generic Resource with Delmarie, based on a "planned" allocation. 

This will not give you the "Auotmatic" 50% control for Delmarie, but still will get you there 90% and that is how the system is designed to work.

You could also develop a report to make this "Allocation Monitoring" Easier for you.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, October 21, 2013 1:14 PM
  • If she is on two different projects or teams and divides her time, why not assign the resource to each project and add [50%] behind the resource name.  This will default here as 50% per project.  If she is assigned to sub tasks per project, you can use the summary task to apply her as a resource at [50%].  While this won't show on EPM timeline it will calculate correctly in the reports.

Delmarie [50%]

I hope this answers your question.

Monday, October 21, 2013 2:08 PM