Delete favorite deleted from the Monitoring tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys.

How can I delete a favorite I have that does not any longer exist in my SCOM console?

I get this error message:

The complete error text is:

Date: 30.06.2015 11:17:02
    Application: Operations Manager
    Application Version: 7.1.10226.0
    Severity: Error
    System.ArgumentException: There are 0 components of type Visma.Custom.Groups!UIGenerated_6c6dacca7dc84e57b6bbda7cf60fb52e_OCViewVisma.netFinancialsProduction, only one is acceptable
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.CompositionEngine.ObservableExtensions.Block[TSource](IObservable`1 source)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Components.Host.DashboardGateway.RemoveDashboardFromMyWorkspace(DashboardView view)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.WunderBarPages.Favorites.MyDashboardView.Delete()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

Freddy

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:18 AM

All replies

• Just to be sure, you added a view to My Workspace, deleted it from the Monitoring pane, and then you cannot delete it from My Workspace. Is that correct?

I would try to open the console with /clearcache; Start -> Run -> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Console\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe" /clearcache

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, July 8, 2015 2:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by CesarTabares Tuesday, July 14, 2015 1:07 PM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 7:15 AM
  • Yes. That is the method , correct.

Tried with /clearcache now.

Sorry, but it didn't work.

I know for sure that i can delete other favourites, that still exist in my console.

Any more suggestions?

This is a kind of SCOM profile, I say that because the views I have as favourites are saved, so I have them the next time i log on

How can I "delete" my profile?

Freddy

Friday, July 10, 2015 6:53 AM
  • Hmmm, perhaps its stuck.
    Try to close all SCOM consoles. Next go to:
    C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console\momcache.mdb
    And remove that one. Of course use your own user name there. See if that helps you.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Friday, July 10, 2015 6:32 PM
  • Hi Freddy,

Assuming this error appears when you are deleting a view from favorites using YOUR account right ? Or is this error from some one else account ?

Also what rights does the account have where this error is occurring ?

Post me the results.

Gautam.75801

Saturday, July 11, 2015 1:50 PM
  • This is a reply to Bob Corneliussens post.

I wish i could try this. But I dont have any files here, and only these folders:

Internet Explorer
    Terminal Server Client
    Windows
    Feeds Cache

So unfortunately, I cannot try this

Monday, July 13, 2015 8:49 AM
  • This is a reply to Gautam.75801 post.

Yes, deleting using my own administrator account, the same as the one I created the favourite with.

My account has Full administrator rights in SCOM

Freddy

Monday, July 13, 2015 9:06 AM
  • So you mean to say you are not able to find the cache file which Bob has mentioned ?

Gautam.75801

Monday, July 13, 2015 9:46 AM
  • I found the file in C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console

Deleted the momcache.mdb file, but no stil no luck... still the same error message, whats the next step?

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:30 AM
  • Hi There,

Can you login to another desktop / server where you have SCOM Console there and try clearing the cache and deleting the view and see if it works there.

Gautam.75801

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:09 AM
  • Same Problem here .... unfortunatly
    Friday, October 23, 2015 7:56 AM
  • The problem probably travelled with you in your profile. Try deleting this registry path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Console

(first make a backup of course). This will result in deleting everything you did in SCOM regarding personalizing views, columns, etc).

Friday, October 23, 2015 10:27 AM
  • I have this same issue - a dashboard was deleted from the Monitoring view before it was removed from My Workspace.  Now, I get that same 'There are 0 components...' error and it won't delete.  I've tried clearing cache, no fix.  I try from other computers and get the same result (no roaming profiles).

Does anyone have a fix for how to clean this off My Workspace?

Friday, December 18, 2015 6:46 PM
  • I am having this same issue. Anyone know of a fix?

Friday, February 12, 2016 11:40 PM
  • The problem probably travelled with you in your profile. Try deleting this registry path:

(first make a backup of course). This will result in deleting everything you did in SCOM regarding personalizing views, columns, etc).

Did you guys all try this ? Does deleting the contents from this path not solve the issue ?

Gautam.75801

Saturday, February 13, 2016 6:31 AM
  • As mentioned by RuudvdH, deleting the reg key is the only way, unfortunately.

/patrick

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helped you.

Patrick Seidl (System Center and Private Cloud)
    s2 - seidl solutions
    Blog: http://www.systemcenterrocks.com

Sunday, February 14, 2016 4:33 AM

Did you guys all try this ? Does deleting the contents from this path not solve the issue ?

Gautam.75801

Yes I tried - but it didn't solve the problem.
    Monday, February 15, 2016 6:54 AM
  • We're also experiencing this problem. After upgrading SQL Management Pack, we are unable to delete the old Dashboard Shortcuts from My Workspace.

Date: 2016-03-08 13:23:20
    Application: Operations Manager
    Application Version: 7.1.10226.0
    Severity: Error
    System.ArgumentException: There are 0 components of type Microsoft.SQLServer.2012.Presentation!Microsoft.SQLServer.Presentation.EndDatabaseSummaryDashboard, only one is acceptable
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.CompositionEngine.ObservableExtensions.Block[TSource](IObservable`1 source)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Components.Host.DashboardGateway.RemoveDashboardFromMyWorkspace(DashboardView view)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.WunderBarPages.Favorites.MyDashboardView.Delete()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 12:25 PM
  • Hi,

We have the same problem. Does someone have a solution to fix this? Have tried to delete regkey and momcache.mdb, this does not resolve the problem.

If I switch to a new installed console on a different computer, the problem is also the same.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:50 AM
  • Still the same Problem here - I don't know any solution up to now.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

I've the same problem. I've tried all the proposed solutions, but nothing is working.

Someone has the good solution?

thanks

Draag

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:19 AM