Pinned Start Menu Items Dissapearing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I seemed to have encountered a bug with the RC1 candidate, specifically in regards to the Pinned start menu items.  

I can pin things with no issues, however, when I want to reorganize the list of pinned items, my entire list will dissapear.  They are NOT deleted, you just cannot see the items.  In order to see the items again I've found (purely by luck) that if you resize the taskbar icons to small and then back to large, the list will reappear with the updated locations (so if you moved Word 2007 to the top fo the list before it dissapeared, it will reappear at the top of the list).  It's also worth noting that during the time when the pinned items have dissapeared, I can still access the "All Programs" section of the start menu with no issues.

I feel confident to say it's not a graphic card/driver issue as I've encountered no other graphical glitches thus far.

Anyone have any solutions to this?
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• If not a video driver problem, it's probably file corruption. My video driver does not show that bug. I would run the 'sfc /scannow' command to check files.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 6:17 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue and it has been confirmed by a few friends of mine too.  This really does not appear to be a driver issue or file corruption .etc I strongly believe it is a bug with the way Windows displayes these items after re-organization.  I just don't know how to send feedback to Microsoft regarding the RC so I can report this one.
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 11:07 AM
  • The Misc. forum in this group has a 'comments' thread. You can add your experience, to help the dev team identify problem devices.

Have Comments about Windows 7 RC (Do not post questions here).url:

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 4:40 PM