Windows Very slow and multi media freezes PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I dont know if its a hardware or software problem. My pc workerd fine untill a couple of

days ago. All my multi media files from avi to mp4 and mp3 freezes and play catch up.

My whole pc freezes cant do nothing for about 3 to 5 min before I can start task manager and

end the process. Can it be an update that causes this or is it a hardware fault. My windows file folder

is over 34gig big with all of the updates going on.

I'm running an Acer laptop 4750G Second gen i7 2630 2GHZ with 8 Gig daul channel ram and 1TB HDD. NVidia GT540

onboard. Can anyone help Please?

Monday, January 20, 2014 3:18 PM

Answers

• Please first make sure that the media files are not corrupted, then update drivers for graphics card and audio card.

Some "freezing" problems come from broken/corrupted codecs. Please check the codes installed in your system whether they are working fine.

Codecs: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/codecs-frequently-asked-questions#codecs-frequently-asked-questions=windows-7

Run a security scan, because sometimes, virus can cause this "freezing" issue.

If you’re streaming media files, make sure that you have enough bandwidth.

If nothing helps, check the event viewer, if there’re some valuable information related about this issue.

Regards

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Yolanda Zhu Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:36 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:16 AM