Volume License question RRS feed

• Question

• We recently purchased 3 copies of Office 2013 from our distributor and they gave us KMS keys and not MAK keys. We currently don't have a KMS server setup. 

I know you have to have 5 KMS keys in order for it to activate any of them. Can we do 3 Office 2013 standard KMS keys and 2 Lync 2013 KMS keys or does it have to be 5 of the same product?

Thank you

Monday, October 13, 2014 7:15 PM

Answers

• We recently purchased 3 copies of Office 2013 from our distributor and they gave us KMS keys and not MAK keys. We currently don't have a KMS server setup. 

I know you have to have 5 KMS keys in order for it to activate any of them. Can we do 3 Office 2013 standard KMS keys and 2 Lync 2013 KMS keys or does it have to be 5 of the same product?

It doesn't have to be 5 of the same product, e.g. it could be 3 x Office and 2 x Visio.
    I haven't tried with Lync client, but it might work with that.

Your reseller really needs to give you all of your entitlements - what if you need those keys sometime later, in a hurry?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by Greta Ge Wednesday, October 22, 2014 2:11 AM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 8:16 PM