NAP RRS feed

• Question

• i have set up NAP policies to enforce the firewall setting with the Windows System Health Validator using dhcp but may policies are failing to be implement when i try to turn on or off windows firewall on the client machine. instead i get i message "you have full access to your network".

Monday, June 12, 2017 6:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please go to your Windows Server that has the NAP policies and open Event Viewer.  Review the events under Custom Views\Server Roles\Network Access and Control Services. These are the NPS events that will tell you whether or not the client sent a network access request that was recognized and either approved or denied. 

Note that in order for DHCP NAP to work you must install DHCP on the same server with NPS.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

-Greg

Monday, June 19, 2017 9:49 PM
  • Also please ensure that the DHCP enforcement client is enabled on your client computer.
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Norabarbra

>>when i try to turn on or off windows firewall on the client machine.

Which OS are your clients using?

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:10 AM
  • Hi Norabarbra

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 16, 2017 9:12 AM
  • Hi,

Please go to your Windows Server that has the NAP policies and open Event Viewer.  Review the events under Custom Views\Server Roles\Network Access and Control Services. These are the NPS events that will tell you whether or not the client sent a network access request that was recognized and either approved or denied. 

Note that in order for DHCP NAP to work you must install DHCP on the same server with NPS.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

-Greg

Monday, June 19, 2017 9:49 PM
  • Also please ensure that the DHCP enforcement client is enabled on your client computer.
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:29 AM