none
Mapped Network Drives not showing in Windows Explorer

Question

• I have a couple of users that when they logon, the logon scrip runs, but the shared drives are not displaying.  If they open a program and browse for files, they will see all the mapped drives.  When I try to remap the drives, I get a message that the drive is already used and ask to remap.  This also make it display when you remap.  There are no error messages in the event log.

Also, if you restart the computer 2 or 3 times, it will display the drives.  IF I logon with the users account on a different Windows 7 Computer, it will display the drives the first time logon.

Computers are windows 7 Pro with all the updates.  Windows 2008 R2 Domain Controllers (2).

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Bill

• Edited by Bilal AH Tuesday, February 20, 2018 6:31 PM
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you have any problems, please feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Bilal AH Thursday, February 22, 2018 4:58 PM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have a few concern:

Did all the domain user had the same problem? Did the problem only happen on the specific machine?

You can login with other domain users on the problematic machine, seeing what will happen? We should determine if it is a domain user problem or domain joined machine.

Please make sure the policy is enabled:

Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>System>logon>Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon.

Make sure the option "Reconnect at logon" is checked.

If the mapped driver is disappeared in Explorer, open cmd as administrator and type net use, seeing if the mapped drive exist.

What type of the logon script? Did it applied using group policy? Did all the domain joined user has the script applied?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:56 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any problems, please feel free to let me know.

• Marked as answer by Bilal AH Thursday, February 22, 2018 4:58 PM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:32 AM