none
Block internal mails from different domains RRS feed

• Question

• We have a anonymous receive connector in Exchange 2010. Some applications use it...but sometime these applications send as a domain different...For example, our domain is @contoso.com, but sometime applications send as @example1.com

I need to block all emails whose sender is different from @contoso.com and come from a certain ips

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hi.

You need close anonymous connector in Exchange 2010 for internal users.

If you use connector for devices, you need customize connector allow from IP address. 

If you use anonymous connector in Exchange for receive message from external|Internet, you need planing spam protection for your organization. For example: Microsoft EOP, or Deploy Edge with spam filter application.

Yes, you can enable filter on Edge or HUB service.

Managing Anti-Spam and Antivirus Features

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:26 PM
  • we have Exchange edge....how could I block these mails ??
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:35 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for contracting our forum. If the IPs of the messages are from internal, we needn't configure Edge servers.

We need to remove the permission “ms-exch-smtp-accept-authoritative-domain-sender” with the command below for the receive connector for the Devices:

Get-ReceiveConnector "name of connector" | Get-ADPermission -user "NT AUTHORITY\Anonymous Logon" | where {$_.ExtendedRights -like "ms-exch-smtp-accept-authoritative-domain-sender"} | Remove-ADPermission

If the SMTP receive session does not have this permission, the server will reject “MAIL FROM” if the specified address is at an authoritative domain.

Note: we need separate receive connector for receiving messages form internet.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

I am currently standing by for further update from you and would like to know how things are going. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. And if the replies has helped you, please help to mark as answer and it could be helpful for others.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:02 AM