none
User Gpo not working

Question

• Hello everyone! I have a question about a GPO...

I created folder redirection (Documents) on domain users. It is on server A (HeadQuarters A) and everything works fine, I apply it on the OU "HQA" and noproblems (Documents points to \\serverHQA\Documents\%username%).

The problem is when a user has to temporarily move to another headquarter. User object don´t move on ActiveDirectory.

This person goes physically to headquarters B and does login on a computer of this place ( Computer object on OU "HQB"  and User object in "HQA").

By the GPO, the documents of this user should be on "HQA" (\\serverHQA\Documents\%username%) because I haven´t moved user object in AD ( folder redirection is on user policy) , but something was wrong because user points to \\serverHQB\Documents\%username%, as if the user had changed of OU in ActiveDirectory. (On OU HQB there is another redirection folder to \\serverHQB\....)

What can i do? What´s the problem?

Thanks for your help!!

Monday, April 25, 2016 2:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• > What can i do? What´s the problem?

Run gpresult /h report.html for the affected user and check where his FR
    settings are originating from.

Monday, April 25, 2016 2:11 PM

• What can i do? What´s the problem?

Think about deploy Roaming User Profiles; https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj649079.aspx

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Monday, April 25, 2016 2:37 PM
  • Originally before the user move from headquarter: 

user: OU HQA

everyday computer object: OU HQA

Folder Redirection: \\serverHQA\Documents\%username%

(Correct)

Afterthe user (the person) move temporarily:

user: OU HQA

temporary computer object: OU HQB

Folder Redirection: \\serverHQB\Documents\%username%

(Wrong)

It should be as the first option, the folder redirection points to serverHQA...(user object policy)

Monday, April 25, 2016 2:49 PM
  • Hi,
    Have you run gpresult /h command for the affected user as Martin suggested? From the report you may get some useful information to troubleshoot this problem.

Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 7:57 AM
  • Yes, but it no say anything, no errors...

Simply the file onlyindicates that the gpo is processed well, no errors, gpo apply in OU B is fine (computer object in that OU) and gpo of user object (OU A) is processed well, but it takes the values from GPO OU B...

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:46 AM
  • Are you able to upload your RSOP report here... sounds like it could be a scope of management conflict happening.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2016 12:13 PM
  • > object (OU A) is processed well, but it takes the values from GPO OU B...

Seems you have Loopback enabled, which will apply GPOs linked to the
    computer...

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:10 PM