none
DPM File backup - All shares backed up are shared out on the DPM Server.. what is going on??? RRS feed

• Question

• The folders below show up when I browse to the backup server. These folders are visible to any users.

If I stop sharing the folders they will show up again the next time I run a backup. Any ideas why this is happening? Is this by design or a bug?

Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Nordland,

I know that when you protect BMR/System State DPM will then create a local share of the replica folder so that the BMR and system state data can be copied to this on the DPM server. That is what those shares with the GUID's are and they are needed. All users should not have access to them via the network if you click on one you should get an access denied.

HTH

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Friday, November 4, 2011 5:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Nordland,

I know that when you protect BMR/System State DPM will then create a local share of the replica folder so that the BMR and system state data can be copied to this on the DPM server. That is what those shares with the GUID's are and they are needed. All users should not have access to them via the network if you click on one you should get an access denied.

HTH

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Friday, November 4, 2011 5:15 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

This also happens to normal shares that I back up, no bmr/systemstate. Not a big deal I guess, but annoying.

Friday, November 4, 2011 1:38 PM