none
How do I consolidate unallocated extents after moving protected data to another disk in the storage pool. RRS feed

• Question

• I received the following error in DPM 2016:  The LDM Database is currently at 77% occupancy.

I added another disk and started moving the protected data (exchange databases) one by one with the most extents to the new disk.  This has caused gaps of unused extents on the disk.  I was wondering if there is a way to consolidate those unallocated extents into one larger extent on each disk.

Here is a screenshot of my disk allocation. Notice all the black (unallocated) extents on disk 10.  It shows 72.45 GB unallocated at the end, but running Get-DPMDisk shows there is 740 GB total free.  Anyone know how to consolidate??  or is it even possible?

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:39 PM

All replies

• As far as i know the only way would be to move everything to a different disk, let the protection points get auto-removed and move the data back.

Our DPM 2012R2 has worked without  problem like this, DPM uses the "extra" space when it needs to. It just looks a bit ugly in Disk Management, that's all. Noting to worry about.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:21 AM