Changing scroll+click on taskbar functionality RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

My question is simple; is it possible to change what happens if you scoll+click a task on your taskbar?

At it opens another instance - which is an utter pointless feature.

I'd like having the same scroll+click functionality that most other programs have, that once you scroll+click the task, you lock it. Just like it would close a tab if you did the same in firefox for instance.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:05 PM

Answers

• By default, it would open a new instance when you click +Scroll in taskbar, but it would close a tab while you do click +Scroll on a tab in the IE or Firefox.

If you want to change the Click +Scroll function, you can try to find a script file to achieve your aim, you can try to find one in the Script Center.

Good luck!

John
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:24 AM
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that the issue is not quite clear. Could you list the steps/click you performed before the issue “happened”? e.g. move to certain icon on taskbar, scroll + right/left click, (what happened now? Did it always open another instance?)

Since you have mentioned Firefox, not sure if you have any tab add-on installed, I’m using Firefox too, but I cannot find the function you are referring to. Meanwhile you can consider record the problem with Problem Steps Recorder and upload it to your SkyDrive.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd320286.aspx

In addition, you can use another program as an simple.

John
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:29 AM
  • What?

Nothing is wrong - my system is running perfectly fine.

I just wondered if you could change what happens if you scroll+click / middle mouse button click on a task on your W7 taskbar. If you do that now, it'll open a new instance of the same application/instance you clicked.

If you open firefox, and middle-click the current tab in the tab selection, firefox will close that tab. I want a similar feature in W7. That if you middle-click a task, you close it.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 1:50 PM
  • By default, it would open a new instance when you click +Scroll in taskbar, but it would close a tab while you do click +Scroll on a tab in the IE or Firefox.

If you want to change the Click +Scroll function, you can try to find a script file to achieve your aim, you can try to find one in the Script Center.

Good luck!

John
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:24 AM
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:20 AM