none
How to disable "Do you want to open or save..." popup in IE10? RRS feed

• Question

• Our company web application UI invokes creation of an excel file by pressing a button on modal dialog. It creates an excel file and tries to open it by Microsoft Excel. The problem is, IE10 brings "Do you want to open..." yellow popup at the bottom of the screen, and this popup is unavailable, because of modal dialog the excel file creation was launched from. Only when this modal dialog is closed yellow popup became available.

Being not sure if this problem has a resolution without of application redesign, I was thinking about to disable the yellow popup at all. Is it possible? Any ideas?

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check if this blog could help here:

Internet Explorer: Disable “Do you want to open or save this file?” download prompt

Note:Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice.

Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards

Michael

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:59 AM

All replies

• On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 15:32:29 +0000, AlecSolter wrote:

Our company web application UI invokes creation of an excel file by pressing a button on modal dialog. It creates an excel file and tries to open it by Microsoft Excel. The problem is, IE10 brings "Do you want to open..." yellow popup at the bottom of the screen, and this popup is unavailable, because of modal dialog the excel file creation was launched from. Only when this modal dialog is closed yellow popup became available.

This is not the correct forum for your question. Please repost to the
    correct forum at:

http://answers.microsoft.com

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    The idea is that RAID stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Dreck.
    -- Anthony de Boer

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:50 PM
  • Hi,

Please check if this blog could help here:

Internet Explorer: Disable “Do you want to open or save this file?” download prompt

Note:Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice.

Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards

Michael

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:59 AM
  • The above one works fine for me.

But i don't want to open the file. i just wan to save it.

How can i do this?

Thursday, January 8, 2015 5:34 AM