none
Getting error on windows startup RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I start-up my windows I get a popup error stating that "The target " " of this Internet Shortcut is not valid. Go to the Internet Shortcut property sheet and make sure the target is correct". Please help.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 5:15 PM

All replies

• We had this issue for one of our customer.. You need to edit the registry in order to fix the problem 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Internet Explorer\ Main\ FeatureControl\ FEATURE_URLFILE_CACHEFLUSH_KB936881

In here create a new DWORD value using Right click -> New -> DWORD Value.

Name this new DWORD as iexplore.exe. Double click on this newly created to modify its Value data:

Change the Value data to 1. Click OK. You may now close the Registry Editor so far and reboot the machine to get the issue fixed

Please refer.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/target-of-internet-shortcut-is-not-valid-ie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also “Vote" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

Saturday, February 16, 2019 5:35 PM