Cannot find the script file "c:\ltibootstrap.vbs" RRS feed

• Question

• Looked around for those with the same problem, only to find the only one that's resolved isn't relatable.

I'm trying to deploy a Windows 8.1 installation iso image (so not captured from a machine), and everything works as expected until near the end when the error "Cannot find the script file c:\ltibootstrap.vbs" shows, and it doesn't install the applications I've specified, so they have to be done manually. The operating system is working, however it automatically boots to the local administrator every time, and for the purpose of the machine this should not be happening.

Windows 7 deployment does not have this issue.

This issue has also only occured since I've switched domain, however the files are identical.
    • Edited by Trivvy Tuesday, September 30, 2014 10:01 AM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• Weird, does the file c:\ltibootstrap.vbs actually exist on the local machine?

If you are still having problems please copy your bdd.log file to a public site like OneDrive, and share the link.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:19 AM
  • No. It formats the hard drive, installs the OS, reboots, goes through the unattended, c:\ltibootstrap.vbs should have been copied over by then.

Taking a look at it now, c:\ltibootstrap.vbs isn't present on c:\. (Or anywhere on the local machine for that matter.)

I did take a look through bdd.log myself, and didn't find anything of note. Though perhaps you will know better what to look for.

Account's not verified, so you'll just have to copy paste this in your URL bar. pastebin.com/ACNs1HP8

• Edited by Trivvy Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:47 AM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:46 AM
  • Nothing too unusual out of the bdd.log file. I can see that you are running an older version of MDT, but that shouldn't affect things.

Check your deployment share, and ensure that the file \\server\DeploymentShare$\scripts\ltibootstrap.vbs exists.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Turns out that the ltiapply.wsf script tries copying the LTIBootstrap.vbs script over to the local machine during setup, however there is no verification logic present, so if it fails, there will be no logging.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Thursday, October 2, 2014 4:04 PM
  • My colleagues thought it would be a good idea to update our version of MDT to the latest one, and now MDT isn't working at all (window is just completely blank). So unfortunately I can't take a look at your solution until we get MDT working again. Thank you for your responses anyway.
    Monday, October 6, 2014 8:15 AM
  • Did you ever get this fixed?
    I am also having the problem with windows 10 deployments in MDT 2013 update1.

And also with SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 with Cu1.

Saturday, August 22, 2015 3:46 AM
  • I just upgraded my MDT to 2013 Update 1. I now have this same issue. What did your team do to resolve this?

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by Brunofr Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:18 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:23 AM
  • I'm having the same issue in MDT 2013 Update1 when deploying Windows 10.  The LTIBootstrap.vbs file is in the scripts folder that the MDT package references.  Any one get this resolved?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:20 PM
  • Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:39 PM
  • About my issue with C:\ltibootsraps.ini is missing, here is what i've done.
    First add this line in your custom settings.ini on the rules tabs in the properties of your DeployementShare to check the error with your TS:

SLShareDynamicLogging=\\yourserver\DeploymentShare$\Logs\%OSDcomputername%

When you add this dynamic log line, you can check dynamic log file, go to the Deployment Share Folder\logs and open the log file with the name of your current machine (with SMSTrace program it's more easy to find the error).

In my log file i have found something like error 8 not enought disk space (warning it's seems to be an HDD error message but in fact it's a lack of memory not enough space) dism error with an issue on the vm C:\ltibootsraps.ini. I've change the memory size of my vm with 2go and now it's working no more error message. The updates or programs or task sequence was too big they needed more than 1go previously installed on my vm.

• Proposed as answer by Brunofr Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:22 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:18 PM
  •  Before: Console > Not enough storage is available to process this command. LTIApply 16/09/2015 16:26:18 0 (0x0000) FAILURE ( 5627 ): 8: Run DISM.exe LTIApply 16/09/2015 16:26:18 0 (0x0000)

After: LTIApply processing completed successfully. LTIApply 15/09/2015 13:30:56 0 (0x0000)
    Event 41001 sent: LTIApply processing completed successfully. LTIApply 15/09/2015 13:30:58 0 (0x0000)

Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:22 PM