none
Office 365 Video - Permissions

Question

• How do you take control of a channel when the owner has left the company? I was very surprised that Video Portal admin did not give access to manage all channels.

SPNoob

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:25 PM

Answers

• By default every GA in the tenant should be able to manage every channel. Check your settings under Video -> Portal settings -> Video admins. For the particular Channel, locate and open it, go to Channel settings -> Permissions and add the desired Owner.
    • Marked as answer by SPNoob555 Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:28 PM
  • Hi SPNoob555, 

Per my test, Video Portal admin cannot  manage all channels.

The Global administrator can manage all channels.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:55 PM

All replies

• By default every GA in the tenant should be able to manage every channel. Check your settings under Video -> Portal settings -> Video admins. For the particular Channel, locate and open it, go to Channel settings -> Permissions and add the desired Owner.
    • Marked as answer by SPNoob555 Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 6:28 PM
  • Hi SPNoob555, 

Per my test, Video Portal admin cannot  manage all channels.

The Global administrator can manage all channels.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:55 PM
  • Thanks to both of you for responding. I'm not a GA, just an admin on the SP side, so i'll hit up the globals and ask them to make the change! 

SPNoob

• Proposed as answer by Asif Farooqui Monday, May 15, 2017 6:25 AM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:10 PM