Create Calendar Public Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a Public Folder Mailbox.
    I want to create a Calendar under the root of the Public Folder Mailbox.

In Exchange Admin Center I can only create Public Folders that contains E-mail items.

I tried using Outlook to create a "Calendar" in the Public Folder, but I don't have the permissions.

So, how can I set the root permissions on the Public Folder Mailbox trough the Management Shell? I want to grant specific users to create Folders in the root of the Public Folder mailbox?

Monday, March 18, 2013 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You should be able to assign permissions to the root folder via PowerShell (Exchange Management Shell) using Add-PublicFolderClientPermission cmdlet and using \ as the Identity. In the documentation of Add-PublicFolderClientPermission you'll find an AccessRight that allows the assigned user to create subfolders:

* CreateSubfolders The user has the right to create subfolders in the specified public folder.

For folders other than the root you can use Exchange Admin Center, by selecting the folder and using the Manage Permissions option in the right pane.

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You should be able to assign permissions to the root folder via PowerShell (Exchange Management Shell) using Add-PublicFolderClientPermission cmdlet and using \ as the Identity. In the documentation of Add-PublicFolderClientPermission you'll find an AccessRight that allows the assigned user to create subfolders:

* CreateSubfolders The user has the right to create subfolders in the specified public folder.

For folders other than the root you can use Exchange Admin Center, by selecting the folder and using the Manage Permissions option in the right pane.

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:34 PM
  • Thanks! You pointed me in the right direction with the "\" identity.

I used the following command:
    Add-PublicFolderClientPermission "\" -User user1 -AccessRights PublishingEditor

Whe i used CreateSubfolders the user couldn't view the content in the root of the Public Folder.

• Proposed as answer by SConstantine Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:58 AM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:50 AM