Windows 7 - Print Spooler possible Registry issue RRS feed

• Question

• Printer inconsistently locks up a print job in the que.  Dell computer running on Windows 7 using a Dell W313w printer.  I am not using the wireless connection because the signal seems to drop off so I am wired.

Dell tech seems to think it may be a service issue with Registry settings, which may or may not be the case.  But before backing up my system and restarting the whole thing from scratch, I want to know where to go to see if that is truly the issue and if starting over is the only alternative. 

I have tried windows fix but of course it deletes the print que and finds no other issues.  I just need some help to acquire further insight into this issue.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Dell does not like to admit this type of thing sometimes.  thankyou

Monday, September 19, 2011 5:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to fully delete the driver of this printer? If not, please uninstall the printer's driver and reinstall it for a test.

Usually, this kind of issue is caused by the printer's driver.

Meantime, if the still occurs, you will check whether there is any log in Event log, If so, please post the detailed information here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, October 7, 2011 2:53 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:46 AM
  • Sir, please Restart the Spooler Service By:

1- Click "Start"

2 - Click "Run"

3 - Type in "services.msc"

4 - Click OK

5 - Find Print Spooler in the list of services

6 - Click "Stop"

7 - Once the service has stopped, restart it by clicking on "Start"

• Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    • Edited by Las D. Rashid Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, October 7, 2011 2:54 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to fully delete the driver of this printer? If not, please uninstall the printer's driver and reinstall it for a test.

Usually, this kind of issue is caused by the printer's driver.

Meantime, if the still occurs, you will check whether there is any log in Event log, If so, please post the detailed information here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, October 7, 2011 2:53 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:46 AM
  • Sir, please Restart the Spooler Service By:

1- Click "Start"

2 - Click "Run"

3 - Type in "services.msc"

4 - Click OK

5 - Find Print Spooler in the list of services

6 - Click "Stop"

7 - Once the service has stopped, restart it by clicking on "Start"

• Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP