problem in foreach loop in SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• I want to transfer one folder which have 10 files from one server to another server using SSIS

I have used Foreach loop inside it i have used File System task.

but alwayz getting error

Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred with the following error message: "The file 'C:\Documents and Settings first\second.txt' already exists.".

but in my second server inside second folder no files are present .

provide me some suggesstion or solution or any link .

There may be case where i can be wrong in settings so i request you to provide me links or examples which will be easy way to understand.

I just want to tranfer a folder containing 10 files to another server

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:09 AM

Answers

• When moving between servers make sure you have (and the package in prod) the proper permissions to move the files.

This is a very good post on how to move files in one shot (the post also explains how to rename the files so skip this step): http://www.rafael-salas.com/2007/03/ssis-file-system-task-move-and-rename.html

Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:53 PM

All replies

• Read the path properly it is targeting to a local machine please check the destination address

--------------------------------------------------------

Surender Singh Bhadauria

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:15 AM
  • ya i have given laocal machine address as a source this source is having a folder contaisa 10 files

and in destination i have provided another address.but same error is comming again.

can u provide me some link

I know that there is problem in settings but i m unable to sort the error.

I am askin question that if u have to

tranfer a folder containing 10 files to another server what process you would have suggested using SSIS

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:22 AM
  • you must be using a variable for destination path so

do one thing add a script task and  add the folowing

MsgBox(Dts.Variables("Destination").Value.ToString())

And execute to see the destination path

--------------------------------------------------------

Surender Singh Bhadauria

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Srry but i m not getting wht exactly to do please provide me some proper link or example

question that if u have to

tranfer a folder containing 10 files to another server using SSIS

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:23 PM

• --------------------------------------------------------

Surender Singh Bhadauria

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:34 PM
  • Thanks Surender,

for this example.but i am getting this error

Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred with the following error message: "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
    ".

I think for the second server where i have to copy my folder user name is required for that server

cau you please tell me that where i have to put user name and password for this error

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:21 PM
  • When moving between servers make sure you have (and the package in prod) the proper permissions to move the files.

This is a very good post on how to move files in one shot (the post also explains how to rename the files so skip this step): http://www.rafael-salas.com/2007/03/ssis-file-system-task-move-and-rename.html

Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:53 PM