Custom Sequence - Ending the sequence. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm creating a custom MDT task sequence currently and I'm looking for how I can signal the end of a task sequence deployment and display the summary of the sequence.  Right now my custom sequence works, but never displays a rundown of what just happened.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ryan

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Everyone,

I'm creating a custom MDT task sequence currently and I'm looking for how I can signal the end of a task sequence deployment and display the summary of the sequence.  Right now my custom sequence works, but never displays a rundown of what just happened.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ryan

Ryan, are you refering to this at the end of you task sequence Final Summary?  http://blogs.technet.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-00-61-27-metablogapi/0647.image_5F00_7BEE302A.png

What do you have for your FinishAction= in your cs.ini

• Edited by Massivesystem Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by MrBrooks Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:02 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:13 AM
  • The steps in a task sequence are sequential. The only way for script (step) in the task tasksequence to abruptly exit is to return a failure (non-zero), and mark in the TS.XML that the script should "not continue on error"

If you wish to break all the way to end, then you need to construct some kind of conditional block around the remaining steps in Task Sequence gated on a variable or something. The variable will be set by your script.

Litetouch.wsf will handle the cleanup of the task sequence, and display the Deployment Summary Wizard.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:41 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Everyone,

Ryan

Ryan, are you refering to this at the end of you task sequence Final Summary?  http://blogs.technet.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-00-61-27-metablogapi/0647.image_5F00_7BEE302A.png

What do you have for your FinishAction= in your cs.ini

• Edited by Massivesystem Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by MrBrooks Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:02 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:13 AM
  • Hey Massivesystem - I currently have no finishaction, I was going to add one today "Still working out bugs in the deploy".  I found what it was hanging on.. thank you for the response I should've put the finishing step in their sooner.
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:02 PM
  • The steps in a task sequence are sequential. The only way for script (step) in the task tasksequence to abruptly exit is to return a failure (non-zero), and mark in the TS.XML that the script should "not continue on error"

If you wish to break all the way to end, then you need to construct some kind of conditional block around the remaining steps in Task Sequence gated on a variable or something. The variable will be set by your script.

Litetouch.wsf will handle the cleanup of the task sequence, and display the Deployment Summary Wizard.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:41 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:41 PM