none
Will R Open be available in the Microsoft Store like Python? RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed Python is now available in the store. This is nice because it lets many of us bypass admin rights to install.

Any plans to add R Open? And now that R Tools for Visual Studio is dead, how about adding RStudio Desktop as well? I really think these moves would increase users.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:52 PM

All replies

• this is an interesting idea, I'll think about it.
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 12:06 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:16 AM
  • Having MRO and/or RStudio avilable in the store would be amazing.  Not only bypassing admin rights, but making installs & updates faster and easier. I teach at Uni and the time of finding, downloading, installing is a hurdle when teaching classes of hundreds of non CS students.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:37 AM
  • Or even better, to distribute R Open as the base R distribution within the Microsoft Store, and offer to buy "premium" packages separately from within the store itself: MicrosoftML, mrsdeploy, olapR, RevolOQ, RevoMods, RevoPemaR, RevoScaleR, RevoTreeView, RevoUtils, ... All sold separately at a very cheap price each. Eg: 5$? Or with a subscription model per year
    Friday, May 3, 2019 7:43 PM
  • You can get local versions of the packages for free with Microsoft R Client.
    Sunday, May 5, 2019 7:50 PM