none
Internet Explorer Crashes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have noticed that my IE9 has been crashing every hour on the hour (XX:51). I'm not sure what this could be. I've ran Malware Bytes and an antivirus scan but it hasn't resolved the issue. I also upgraded to IE11 and that also did not resolve the issue. Could someone let me know of a solution to this issue. Thank you.

Monday, December 15, 2014 8:43 PM

Answers

• After further troubleshooting I discovered that is was an update that was downloaded. If anyone else is having this issue look for update KB3008923 and uninstall it.
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:58 PM

All replies

• Here are some questions to get us started:

What OS are you running?

Have you tried running IE without addons?

What does application event logs tell you?

Monday, December 15, 2014 9:14 PM
  • Hi cloudy,

Please take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.

Step1:

I agree with doh515.Open the Internet Explorer without add-ons to have a check. If the issue is gone ,you can try to enable the add-ons one by one or use dichotomy to find out the culprit by managing the add-ons.

To open the Internet Explorer without add-ons :run “iexplore.exe -extoff” .

To manage the add-ons :Tools\manage add-ons

Step2:

If the #1 won`t work ,check this settings “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” in this path Tools\Internet Options\Advanced\ Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering

Step3:

If the issue persists, reset the Internet Explorer and you will get an original settings of it .

Please ensure you have got all the latest updates.

Best regards

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:35 AM
  • After further troubleshooting I discovered that is was an update that was downloaded. If anyone else is having this issue look for update KB3008923 and uninstall it.
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:58 PM

If KB3008923 is not installed, the computer should NOT be connected to the internet or any local networks (i.e., other computers) in its current state. All of your personal data (e.g., online banking & credit-card passwords) should be considered at-risk, if not already compromised.

You will find Consumer-specific support for Internet Explorer in these forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 9:32 PM