none
"NA" versus "NC" in Project Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to create a custom calculated field (date format) which must run as well on French version or on English version.

In English the formula would be: IIf([Marked]=True,[Start],ProjDateValue("NA"))

In French the formula would be: IIf([Marquée]=True,[Début],ProjDateValue("NC"))

Almost all these field names are well converted when we change from a language to another, but the "NA" doesn't convert to "NC" and then it generates an error. I tried to replace these NA or NC by 2^32-1, but with no avail

Do you know a trick to palliate this issue?

Thanks

• Edited by WLID1966 Tuesday, December 26, 2017 6:53 PM
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 6:52 PM

Answers

• WLID1966,

Here's one trick you could use. Assuming you don't use all extra date fields, you can use the value of an empty date field in the formula. In this example I use Date10. It should track your French terminology.

IIf([Marked]=True,[Start],[Date10])

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:55 PM
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:48 PM

All replies

• WLID1966,

Here's one trick you could use. Assuming you don't use all extra date fields, you can use the value of an empty date field in the formula. In this example I use Date10. It should track your French terminology.

IIf([Marked]=True,[Start],[Date10])

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:55 PM
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:48 PM
  • Thanks John, very interesting.
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:55 PM
  • WLID1966,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. Sometimes you just have to punt.

John

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:41 PM