SCOM 2012 class exception RRS feed

• Question

• I  want to monitor a website: “Web Application Transaction Monitoring”.

It works but i get a 401 (authentication) error that’s normal because the website wants to verify credentials.

For this we can make a "run as" account which we use with NTLM authentication.

But when it test every authentication method with our new user or a SCOM standard "run as" user, i get the following error:

Note: The following information was gathered when the operation was attempted. The information may appear cryptic but provides context for the error. The application will continue to run.

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.ObjectNotFoundException: An object of class ManagementPackSecureReference with ID 258da58d-ded2-2a47-90c4-c9a13258e7da was not found.

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeServiceProxy.SubmitTasks(IList`1 jobDefinitions, Guid batchId, JobCategory category, Boolean registerCallback)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeManagement.SubmitTaskInternal(ICollection`1 targetIds, Guid taskId, TaskConfiguration configuration, TaskStatusChangeCallback callback)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeManagement.SubmitTaskInternal[T](IEnumerable`1 targets, Guid taskId, TaskConfiguration configuration, TaskStatusChangeCallback callback)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeManagement.BeginExecuteTaskInternal[T](IEnumerable`1 targets, Guid taskId, TaskConfiguration configuration, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Runtime.TaskRuntimeManagement.BeginExecuteTask[T](IEnumerable`1 targets, ManagementPackTask task, TaskConfiguration configuration, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.WebApp.WebApplicationEditorForm.<>c__DisplayClasse.<StartRunNowTask>b__d(Object , ConsoleJobEventArgs )

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

Now I have good hope that SP1 will solve this issue but we got a very large company, so deploying will take a while and I need to use this functionality now.

Have any work around?

Kind regards,

André Borgeld

• Edited by Borgy333 Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:30 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi

If this is only happening when you use the Test button as part of the wizard then this is "normal". I don't know of any workaround for that. The design of authoring template wizards leaves significant room for improvement.

If you are getting this when trying to save the template settings then we need to investigate some more.

Regards

Graham

Regards Graham New System Center 2012 Blog! - http://www.systemcentersolutions.co.uk
    View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/

• Proposed as answer by Jonathan Almquist Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:01 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi

If this is only happening when you use the Test button as part of the wizard then this is "normal". I don't know of any workaround for that. The design of authoring template wizards leaves significant room for improvement.

If you are getting this when trying to save the template settings then we need to investigate some more.

Regards

Graham

Regards Graham New System Center 2012 Blog! - http://www.systemcentersolutions.co.uk
    View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/

• Proposed as answer by Jonathan Almquist Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:01 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:51 PM
  • Thanks Graham, Sounds logical.

I was in a Sharepoint 2010 training, but i'm gonna see if it works at monday, then i will let you know.

Kind regards,

André

Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:45 PM
  • It worked Graham, i'm monitoring sites now. Thanks very much.
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:56 AM