none
New Modern document libraries break Custom Actions

Question

• Hi,

We use custom actions in our SharePoint app too add buttons to the list ribbon. These buttons redirect to the app, either in full screen (navigation to the app of the whole browser window) or open the app window in a popup, according to this:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/richard_dizeregas_blog/2013/03/10/leveraging-sharepoint-dialogs-in-apps-for-sharepoint/

It works perfectly in the old interface. One we enabled the new Modern document library interface, for testing purposes, we've noticed that although all buttons do appear in the menu bar, only the buttons that redirect actually work. Buttons that are supposed to open a pop-up do nothing, completely breaking the app functionality.

I assume it's a bug in the new interface. How can be it resolved?

Another, related issue: we also have a button on the List/Document Library ribbon. This button does not appear at all, the only button that do appear are the ones on context menu/Items ribbon.

Monday, June 20, 2016 3:03 PM

All replies

• This is intended as they do not (yet at least) support custom actions with scriptsrc or scriptlinks. You simply can't trigger JavaScript from the new experience.

See:

Friday, August 12, 2016 11:20 AM
  • Has this been resolved my Microsoft yet? It doesn't make sense for all the old apps to have to break. 

- Do they intent on fixing it.

- DO they want developers to adjust their code to get the pop-up working?

This is urgent we need direction.

Karim Roumani
    PortalFront - Complete SharePoint Hosting Solutions

Monday, September 12, 2016 5:16 PM
  • I'm having the same issue. Except not with Custom Actions. My apps, you can't even access the lists views them selves.  Really wish someone would have answer to it!
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:00 PM
  • I too am having this issue with custom lists. The New experience is breaking 3 things we use daily!

1.) The Search Bar - Is missing we use this daily to identify roles and SAP t-codes
    2.) Export to Excel - We export our master data held in SharePoint and do data filtering in Excel for management
    3.) Open in Explorer - This feature allows us to move documents around and organize our documents library more efficiently using drag and drop technology.  (found in the ribbon)

I've followed the document to return my site to the classic view, but there is a bug and my custom list settings don't accept this option.

I can't believe I put my career and the last 2 years of work on depending on SharePoint to keep it's features active. Please Please Please Microsoft, fix this.

Monday, April 10, 2017 1:00 PM